Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why I decided to blog

I've tried to do this in the past, and every time I do, I find I really don't have anything interesting or important enough to say for people to want to READ the damn thing.

But, yesterday I went to the Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp show at Town Hall in NYC, and a friend of mine suggested I start one. When I asked, "what would I write about", her response was "theatre. Isn't that what you're passionate about?" and I said "yeah! But, would people actually read it?" And the response I got was an overwhelming YES! So..here I am.

So basically-here's what this blog is about: I'm an actress, have been for 15 years or so..give or take a few years in high school where I focused more on chorus than acting. My goal and dream is to be on Broadway..and I'm slowly working my way there..problem is: I live at HOME!

And where is home? Home is Holmdel, NJ. Never heard of it? Okay..PNC Bank (Garden State) Arts Center...yeah, the same town THAT'S in! Now, that wouldn't be such a problem..if I didn't also live AT HOME! I'm 24 years old, and live at home because I can't support myself in an apartment (because I know that's where peoples' minds go as SOON as I say that).

So basically..this blog is to chronicle said Broadway journey, give people reading it insights into what auditions are like and if I DO land a show (go me!) I will absolutely write about those experiences as well. I'll also review shows I've seen/heard of as well.

So..Curtain up..here we go :)

2 comments:

  1. Yey Sami~
    The journey of a thousand steps begins with one step.....(or something like that, lol) - so, here you are, can't wait to see where you'll go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to start the blog :) yay!

    ReplyDelete