Sunday, January 16, 2011

Can I read that part, too?

So I went to my audition today, and I think that it went pretty decently well. There weren't too too many peeople there, which was a great thing to see for me, to be able to see my competition, and see who else was there for the part I was going out for.Here's the thing though: When you go to an audition, there's always a line that reads something to the effect of: "what role are you auditioning for?". Now, the smart auditionee will write: "Any". This means, you aren't limited to the role you are going out for. Makes you a lot more castable.

However, that logic backfired on me today at the audition. I filled out the form as I was supposed to, and when prompted to answer that question, I answered "any". Oh boy....

So the only other girl that was there was also my age, and must have put a character name in, because that's the ONLY role the director had her read.*sigh* I wanted to read that role, too. But, unfortunately, I wasn't asked to read the role as she had. I was asked to read 2 other roles. One of which being a much, much older character than I am (and by that I mean, the character has at least a 20 year old daughter).

That's the luck of the draw though when you go into the audition, but at the same time, I wish she had asked me to read for that other part. It's what I really wanted, but usually, when at an audition, the director likes to hear the same type of people read the same parts. But, this time, the other girl read only that one part, and I was asked to read 2 other parts instead.

Otherwise, the audition went wonderfully. I don't know if I'll get a role....but it makes me think that I might be finally getting a project for the next few months. I should know within the week, since the policy of the theatre is to let all auditionees know whether or not they got a role.

Will keep you all posted as to what's going on as I find out.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment