Monday, January 24, 2011

Taking a leap of faith

A leeeeeeaaaapppp o-o-of...faaaiittthh!!!

Sorry, had to do it! Thinking about Jonathan Larson tonight. Anyway!

On with the show!

So tonight my college roommate called me and she told me that she was accepted into the Bound for Broadway singers showcase in the West Village..WHAT?!! Amazingness!

What's even more amazing, is that the ad was still on playbill.com. Where I found it like she did, and sent them my own resume/headshot and cover letter.

Now, I'm waiting to see if I get an audition like she did. We're looking to do this together, because really, it's not fun doing it by yourself, and it just adds that extra element to the audition if you're doing it with a real friend.

This is HUGE for me. The last time I went to a NY audition was for some showbiz expo thing, that really didn't have much there. And the 2 auditions I did, took all of a half an hour. This, if this happens...could have the potential to be absolutely freaking AMAZING!!!!

Again though, I'm playing the waiting game and I really hope to hear from them soon since my friend's audition is on Feb 3rd. I need to prep if I'm going into this thing :).

I may have an announcement by the end of the week....we'll see :)

Until then....

No comments:

Post a Comment