Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dreams and Bucket List

Sorry I've been gone for a few days. Hurt my back while using the Wii Fit on Wednesday, and it still hurts :(. I think I pulled something.

Anyway, on with the show...

So, every actor has that thought, that fleeting dream in the back of their minds, and a sentence that sounds like this "One day, I want to share the stage with...." and then their person's name there.

For some people, like myself, there are many, many names that could go in that space. And I put them all on a piece of paper, and I carry it with me in my purse, almost like a reminder to put fire under my butt and do this thing before it's too late (for them, or for me).

I had written a note on facebook a while back about my "bucket list", now unlike most bucket lists-I'm not dying, these aren't things I'm looking to do before I kick said bucket, these are things I want to do, people I want to perform with, before I feel I've gotten too old to have this sort of notion.

Some of the names, my readers will know, some, maybe not so much. My reasons for wanting to perform with them are mine, and maybe sometime this coming week I'll put up a blog about who inspires me and why, and who I'd like to share the stage with.

For now, I can, and will tell you who'd I'd love to share the stage with one day: Adam Pascal, Anthony Rapp, Larry Edoff (subsequently enough, they're all doing a tour together right now), Harvey Fierstein (the whole reason I'm in theatre in the first place), Terrence Mann (another reason why I'm in theatre), and Nathan Lane (yet, one more reason).

Did you see that list? You know how much ass I have to haul to get to perform with some of these people?

Hopefully, I've picked up a project that will take me through almost the first week of June. But, as soon as that project is over, I'm going to start this list, and come hell or high water, I will share the stage with/perform for, these people.

I mean, hell, without dreams like this, Disney as the way we know it wouldn't exist...and look how much HE got accomplished, just from a WILD notion like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment