Saturday, February 11, 2012

Do you bite your thumb at me sir?.....uhhh..

Hey everyone!

BIG things going on, so let's get RIGHT to it!

On with the show....

So a few weeks ago, I auditioned for "The Taming of the Shrew", being done in front of my alma mater high school. I went because I was told about it through the person who will be the stage manager-a good friend of mine.

I bought the play, and began to read it. "No Fear Shakespeare" is awesome, since I hadn't read Shakespeare since high school. HIGH SCHOOL! A good seven years ago. And, I had never read "Shrew" before. Without the no fear stuff-I woulda been kind of stuck.

Anyway, I went to the audition, and after leaving felt so-so about it. I didn't know if I'd get a part, or anything like that. But-in my mind, that was alright-I was gearing up for another audition. "The Wizard of Oz" at another theatre-so I left, thinking in my head about a song I had to pick for that audition, since I was POSITIVE I wouldn't be given a part.

Three days later, I had a day off from work. My cell rang with a number I didn't know-if my phone rings with a number I don't know, I don't pick up. If its important-they'll leave me a message.

AND IT WAS IMPORTANT!

It was the director, wanting to speak to me about the show. I called him back and found out I GOT THE SHOW!!

I will be in my first ever Shakespeare piece. I don't know yet what part I have, but I will find out when rehearsals start on Monday night :).

As soon as I know the important things, like how to get tickets and what part Im playing, I'll let everyone know!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment