Saturday, January 28, 2012

Project X

Usually I write a big, long introduction apologizing for my absense or whatever, but this time it's different--I'm going to go RIGHT into it.

On with the show....

So for the past few weeks, I've been talking about 'project x'. This is the name I give to things I don't neccessarily want to talk about, but am working on behind the scenes--mostly by myself, and sometimes, with some support from other people.

This time is no different. I've told different people about this specific 'project x' and have gotten mixed reviews-some people LOVE the idea, and some people think I'm crazy for wanting to do it.

This time, 'project X' is a 4 song CD I'm looking to record, of myself singing covers of Broadway songs.

Now, before everyone gets up in arms, telling me how expensive this is, blah blah blah, and how I'm wasting my time, blah blah blah--hear me out.

1) I've gone to 2 different studios, to compare and contrast them, talk to the people in charge of them, get prices, and figure out how the process would work in each studio. Therefore-I've been doing my research.

2) my vocal coach has been prepping me to record the songs I've selected for the past few weeks, and they will sound awesome when I go into the studio

and

3) the way the pricing breaks down-this will cost me NO MORE than a day in New York would. Really, I've done the math-this is exactly what I'd ultimately wind up spending in New York.

With all that being said-I would like opinions. My best friend thinks I'm a bit nuts for wanting to do this, but she understands WHY I'm doing it. Other people think it's awesome and can't wait to hear it, and I haven't asked others, due to not actually WANTING their opinion.

But--Faithful readers, I want YOUR opinion. What do you guys think? Keep in mind--no money has been spent yet, no date has been selected, and I dont have an accompianist lined up quite yet (I need to call him tomorrow-one of the studios recommended him).

Let me know what you guys think :)

Til next time....

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea!! Go for it Sami!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Samster, my opinion is to get no opinions. You know your dreams and what your heart desires so go for it! Live your life. Do you. No regrets and no interference from anyone other than what God has placed in your heart. Ignore the haters, much less ask them for a voice in your dreams. Do you babygirl and enjoy the ride. As far as I know, you only get one! Praying all the best for you. Enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go for it! What do you have to lose? Why on earth would anybody think you were crazy for doing this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go ahead and do it! I can't wait to hear it! -Marla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay--Im doing it! Can't wait! Gotta call the piano guy tomorrow and talk to him, get my music together. Looking to do it Pres. weekend :)

    I'll keep you guys posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also--for the record. I love my best friend dearly. She's like a sister to me, and the two of us have been bff's for 15 years. She supports me in everything I do-even if she doesnt get it, she always understands WHY I do the things I do and I love her for it! :D

    ReplyDelete